Wednesday, December 14, 2011

You've Got Mail!

The excitement of re-entry. Mostly this is junk mail. I have two big bags of recycling now. And a few things to put in yearly envelops and keep for tax stuff.

It's fairly easy to winnow down, but I'd like to know a way to get companies not to send me catalogues just because I've bought something from them.

I walked around yesterday with a headache, exhausted but not sleepy (does that even make sense) and took care of stuff. I took your collective advice and tried to make sure I drank plenty of water and waited for night to go back to bed.

And now I feel pretty good. I'm not sure how much of my headache yesterday was having a slight cold (stuffed sinuses more than anything) or jet lag, but it's way better today.

Something weird: I got a letter yesterday on city stationery telling me that they'd been trying to get me to change my meter, and that if I didn't arrange to do it by a date in January, there'd be a huge daily fine. So I called and arranged, and they're supposed to come by today.

But then I thought this morning, wait, where are the other letters about this? Because I didn't see any other notices when I went through the mail, and I'm sure I would have noticed.

And then I thought, uh oh, what if there's some scam thing, and some robbers are going to come steal everything I own at 9:30 am, when we have an appointment?

And then I thought, maybe I should call my neighbor and ask her if she's had a meter thingy.

And then I thought, I bet the earlier notices were part of the city bill thing, and the person I had watching the house didn't actually look at them except to get the amount due?

And then I thought, I'd better get dressed before they come, at any rate. So that's where I am now. About to put down the computer and go get dressed.

6 comments:

  1. Welcome home! And please comment on this post to let us know you weren't jacked by robbers this morning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nope, it was legit. The meter guy said that the city does this thing where they chanage out everyone's meter every ten years, then check the old one and reinstall it somewhere else. It's to make sure no one messes with their meter.

    Then we kvetched a bit about state stuff.

    So all is good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome back, Bardiac!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous8:53 AM

    Welcome back! Glad you made it home safely.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Speaking of mail, I sent you something (commenting in case you're like me & never check your blog mail account).

    ReplyDelete