Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Jet Lag

I need a cure for jet lag, please!

My plan was to spend all day yesterday traveling, arriving home in the middle of the night, and then to sleep forever today.

I woke up and was awake much of the night. And I woke up at about 8am with one of those headaches that isn't fun at all. I changed clothes in the washer/dryer, had hot cocoa and instant mac and cheese (someone needs to go to the grocery store), a couple of ibuprofin. I also called my Mom so she wouldn't worry.

And now we'll see if I can go back to sleep for a bit, otherwise I'll shower, dress, and go to the grocery store.

Help!

5 comments:

  1. I've been told that sunshine helps. It's supposed to re-set the circadian rhythms that get jumbled up from jet lag. Getting your hands on some sunshine this time of year might be a problem, though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you go to the grocery store today, get some Sleepytime Tea with Valerian root in it (I think it's Sleepytime Extra, or some such intensifier). Stay up until your normal bed time. If you need to get up and move around to do that, then do so. Dance and sing if you have to! Then, just before bedtime, make and drink the tea. I often use two teabags It should help you sleep the night.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sunshine during the day definitely does help (but with your sunglasses on if it's a glaringly bright day). Drink LOTS Of fluids today. A warm bath before your bedtime tea can also help. For me, the killer combination of jet lag is dehydration, muscle ache and sleep confusion. Wishing you a speedy recovery!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I got nothing. I usually wind up halfway to Taipei (http://xkcd.com/448/) before I figure out my time zone.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome back! I second the suggestions for lots of water, lots of outside time, and attempting to stay up until bedtime (or maybe 7 pm).

    ReplyDelete