Thursday, February 11, 2010

Backbone, Bardiac!

I'm the secretary of this committee, and in this role, I seem to be writing a lot of emails to people and notes and such.

The problem is, I worry about striking the right tone with these things. So I have this urge to check everything with the chair. Now, the chair's patient and kind, but at some point, I just need to not need that reassurance, you know? I just need to get a little backbone, do the job, and be assured that I've been careful and conscientious.

When I was a kid, I thought I'd know everything as an adult, that I'd be confident and know what I was doing. But no, I want reassurance WAY too often, or at least a nod that yes, I've done an acceptable job and not gone off the rails, to mix my metaphors.

At least I'm a bit better about all this than I used to be.

1 comment:

  1. i think it is good that you want to check on tone. also, that you don't need to check every time.

    ReplyDelete