Sunday, July 01, 2007

Thinking Blogger

The Blog that Ate Manhattan nominated me for a Thinking Blogger Award. (There's a graphic thingy there, and rules too) Thanks, TBTAM!

The idea is that I now get to point to five other blogs that make me think. I'm trying to choose people I haven't noticed being already nominated, but I may have missed something or forgotten.

Dr Virago over at Quod She. First, it's rare that the title of a blog says so very much in two short words. Dr. V teaches me a lot about teaching, and generously shares ideas.

Terminal Degree plays the kazoo, teaches music, and writes a great blog. I love reading about her teaching experiences, especially this past year, her first at a new school.

A Ianqui in the Villiage, yet another academic who makes me think, often about environmental issues and the good life.

Heo Cwaeth writes a feminist blog about graduate school and beyond. My only complaint is that she doesn't post as often as I'd like. But then, she's a busy woman! And a medievalist.

New Kid on the Hallway has been going through some changes, and she always makes me think. What is it with all these medievalist types?

7 comments:

  1. Thanks! (Actually, Rev. Dr. Mom nominated me a while back, but I always appreciate it! And I'm very glad that both of you mentioned the environmentalism, because sometimes I wonder if I'm too preachy.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ianqui, I think you're anything BUT preachy. I really like the way you make me think about things, especially the environmental stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now I know the purpose of thes memes- to expose us to blogs we wouldn't have found otherwise.

    Thanks for the new links!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I saw the original nomination on TBTAM's site and agreed wholeheartedly with her choice -- I always enjoy reading through your posts. I frequently feel that my brain has had a great workout when I'm done!

    A

    ReplyDelete
  5. TBTAM, Enjoy reading!

    Artemis, Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks! (And don't think I don't feel guilty about the periodic blog abandonment.) I'll start working on my response over barbequed stuff tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Heocwaeth, Don't feel guilty. I know you've been super busy with more pressing issues. But I DO enjoy learning from your posts!

    ReplyDelete