Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Beyond Cool

At a forum board I visit more than occasionally, there was a post up about famous people folks had met.

The best yet: someone who played D&D with Gary Gygax.

Yeah, I'm a nerd. But, DANG!

For a while, I gamed with someone who designed one of the famous computer games of the 70s, but NOT in the very game he designed (and not in the 70s).

I'm vaguely consumed by jealousy. I wasted the better part of my undergraduate years playing D&D, but never with Gary Gygax!

What quirkily famous person have you met?

(My most quirky is Torsten Wiesel. I dare anyone to know who he is without looking him up.)

1 comment:

  1. So, I'm reading your entry & I'm thinking, Hm, Torsten Weisel sounds familiar, think, think, think... nope, not remembering, lets go look him up, just like Bardiac predicted...
    I *so* should have known who he is.
    And that is amazing-cool that you met him.

    ReplyDelete