Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Reminder, blood, and cookies

Tomorrow's the day for blogging against sexism! Check out Vegankid's site and sign up if you want, or just go wild and blog against sexism anyway! You know you want to!

Yesterday, I went to give blood at the local Red Cross. Yay me. I felt all virtuous and all. I don't have great veins, so it's just as well I didn't try to go into a career in shooting up heroin, but the nurse who stuck me did a great job (they seem really good at this office).

And because I'd been virtuous, I enjoyed one of the cookies the volunteers had brought (because if you've just given blood, there are no calories in the cookies, right?). In that typical midwestern way, the cookie-serving-make-sure-they-don't-faint volunteer and I chatted about the snow, the weather, and, of course, about the cookies the other volunteer had brought. And she told me about using cake mixes to make cookies.

Now, I'm an innocent to the ways of hot dishes and such, and I have to admit, I've never heard of using cake mix to make cookies. But here's what she said to put together:

Cake mix or whatever kind you want (1 box)
1/3 cup of oil
2 eggs

Bake at 350 F for 10-12 minutes.

We spent a good ten minutes imagining what kinds of cookie mix would be good: chocolate or fudge cake with chocolate chips, or with smashed up Heath Bars. Lemon cake with white chocolate chips. We pretty much had a cookie party in our brains right there.

Has anyone ever heard of this?

PS. If you qualify, and are lucky to be healthy enough, hie thee to give blood. Tell them Bardiac sent you.

2 comments:

  1. I can vouch for cake mix making yummy cookies. Fudgy cake mix with white chocolate chips? Whoo! It's a great quick fix when you need a dessert fast. Some cake mixes even have the recipe on the box. Okay, now you're making me hungry...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Phd me! I tried them the other day, and you were right!

    ReplyDelete