Monday, August 18, 2008

Good Campus News

Last year, I complained about the sorts of speakers we were bringing to campus, the Hollywood-has-beens talking about drinking, the child of famous people talking about imaginary beings.

In my first year writing class calendar, I make a habit of listing campus speakers so that students know about them. So I was getting my list ready just now, and was very happy to note that we actually have five really interesting, intellectually stimulating speakers scheduled for this year.

I need to call the office that arranges the speakers and tell them how happy I am! No Hollywood-has-beens! No imaginary beings! Real problems, real issues!

Added: Yes, I did call. I think the student worker who answered the phone will be happy to pass along the message.

No comments:

Post a Comment