Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Nor Am I Out of It

It's snowing. It's been snowing for hours, but only in the past half hour or so has it begun to stick. And now it's sticking. I think other areas are getting hit worse, but this is bad enough.

I doubled up today: I had a mammogram (screening, so not because there's a known problem or worry) and got my eyes checked (they're as good as they're going to get, and I got a new contact prescription, since my old contacts are old). (Thank dog for lens technology, and also contact lens technology. I hate to think what my life would be like without some way to correct my vision, but I'm guessing I'd be able to do housework, but things would be tough.)

Why do we sign up to let people do stuff to us that hurts? Neither of these was horridly painful, but momentarily not pleasant, and my eyes are still dilated and grumpy.

And did I mention, it's snowing? I'm so ready for spring I could spit. (But it would freeze, and then I'd be upset.)

2 comments:

  1. Snowing!!!?????

    That's just so wrong....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Snow here today too. WOOT! Don't you love how nature refuses to let us feel complacent?!

    ReplyDelete