Monday, July 21, 2008

Little Things Keep Me Entertained

First, there's my visitor. She's 15, I think, but romps around enough to seem otherwise, most days. A couple years ago, she had some inner ear thing, and now she pretty much holds her head tilted most of the time. It makes her look like she's always wondering what the heck I'm up to.

Here's one of the things I'm up to, refinishing an old office chair. A couple years ago, some folks got new office chairs, and gave up their old ones, and this is one of the old ones, which I bought from the department. Underneath is a rather classic 50s oak office chair. The one in my office is just like it (and also needs refinishing... hmmm). Right now, I'm partway through the stripping. The top is looking pretty good, but the bottom part needs some more work.

And then there's the garden. Today I saw two snakes, Plains Garter Snakes (I think, from the size and looking at pictures on the web). And then I found the snake skins, so I guess they've shed. What I really need is a couple BIG snakes that can eat rabbits. But I'm happy for these guys to eat whatever bugs and stuff they find around. They were absolutely beautiful, too, sunning until I stupidly disturbed them as I walked around. (I didn't notice them until they moved. Good thing they aren't Equis!)

And now I'm off to watch auditions for the high school Shakespeare program. I don't think I've ever watched acting auditions before, so this should be interesting!

1 comment:

  1. Cute house guest!

    Stripping (chairs) can be a pain, but it will be worth it. Are you re-finishing it in any special way, or sticking with it's natural beauty?

    ReplyDelete