Wednesday, May 15, 2013

MOOCs and Power: Gender and Imperialism

Historiann has a really insightful guest post up today by Susan Amussen and Allyson Poska about MOOCs (Massive Online Open Courses).  It's well worth your reading if you haven't already.

And here's a helpful contextual piece with a cogent critique suggested by Jonathan Rees of More or Less Bunk (who has blogged about taking a MOOC and blogged critically and well about MOOCs).


(In other news, I need to grade.  Of course, if I were teaching a MOOC, I could depend on my students to grade each others' papers and give appropriate and critical responses.  I've now handed back the papers with comments to each class, and now just have a couple of late papers and two sets of finals to grade.  If I were teaching a MOOC, I could just have them all take a multiple guess exam via computer and the grading would be automatic and already done.)

No comments:

Post a Comment