Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Music

Some of my favorite memories from college are of sitting in the stairwells while friends played music and sang, and we shot the bull. I think I learned a lot in those stairwells, about caring for people and being a friend, stuff I needed to learn. I also learned to love some music.

Tonight, I went to a friend's room in the corridor and there was music and singing, and it was as lovely and fun in it's more grown up way as those stairwell sessions in college. This is an unexpected and welcome addition to life in the Abbey.

3 comments:

  1. That's awesome! When I was an undergrad, a bunch of my friends would get together and play guitar and sing. We were awesome -- music majors -- but even when we were goofing off, it was more about the fun and friendship than about the music. What fun that was!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still sit in my stairwell sometimes with my guitar and sing. There and the bathroom have he vest acoustics...

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh, i used to do stairwell sings with my friends!

    ReplyDelete