Friday, October 07, 2011

Lakeside

I'm sitting in the lounge area of the youth hostel where I'm staying this weekend. We got here late last night, got into our rooms (I get a room to myself because I live in the lap of luxury!), and went to sleep. And when I woke up this morning and looked out the window, I saw that our hostel is right on the edge of a lake. It's just beautiful!

I'm amused that I'm staying in my first youth hostel type place at the age of 51. But it's great. And did I mention the view?

I didn't bring the camera connector, so I can't share pictures right now, but trust me, there will be some pictures, and many of you will be jealous.

And tomorrow, I'm going to go visit Wordsworth's house and the museum, just because!

Today, I went for a walk up a hill and through some sheep pastures. And then I walked down the hill, which was much faster. Then I went for a ferry ride to the next town and walked up a hill through the town.

I'm getting weird, I think. While I HAVE bought a couple sweaters (okay, 3 for me, 3 for other people) since I've been here, I don't have much desire to go into shops to shop. I also bought a hat (because my ears were cold), but even though I LOVE outdoor gear and stuff, I don't have any desire to look at it if I'm not needing to buy any. And that means I walk through this little tourist/shopping town, and then walk the other way, and unless I want some hot tea, I'm done. (Even I, as much as I love hot tea, can only manage to stop for a cup or so a day.)

No comments:

Post a Comment