Monday, August 22, 2022

Beginning Again, For the Last Time

 We've come back "under contract" now, and so it's time to get ready for the new school year.  We have two weeks til classes begin, so plenty of time.  And not.

This is my last fall getting ready for classes.  I thought I'd feel emotional, sad, teary, but not yet.  I tend to be fairly emotional about some things like that, so I'm pretty sure it will hit at some point.  But for now, it's not!

A couple of colleagues are asking for a special "take it easy on me" semester/year as far as service.  On one level I'm sympathetic.  On another level, I'm frustrated.  We've lost several people to service in other areas, an interim chair of another department, an interim administrative post, and all of a sudden, we're really hurting for committee roles.  And we need a senator.

Now to prepare for classes!

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:28 AM

    I still have a couple more years before I can retire, but since some of my classes are on a three-year rotation, I'm already feeling sad about teaching certain courses for the last time. It's hard to let go of what we've loved doing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:33 AM

    I totally get that!

    ReplyDelete