Thursday, May 14, 2009

Excitement!

I set a new, personal bike speed record today. 40.1 mph down a steep hill.

It occurs to me that things could be very ugly if I fell at that speed, still, it's pretty fun.

But going up the hill was a whole heck of a lot slower.

Look at this! It's a pair or Orchard Orioles. (Well, I'm pretty sure. You can see how much darker this male is than the Baltimore Oriole pictures I posted before, and how much yellower the female is.) Sorry they aren't better pics. These two didn't stick around when I tried to move to the other side of the house to get a closer shot (without the screen in between.) I'm pretty sure it's not just a trick of the light, because a Baltimore Oriole flew in a moment later, and looked bright orange instead of dark like this one. I hope these two will come back again.

Things are pretty exciting in the yard since I started putting out the orange halves.

I've also got a female cardinal hanging about on occasion.

No comments:

Post a Comment