Sunday, June 01, 2008

Back and Off Again

This is the Daibutsu, Great Buddha, of Todaiji Temple, in Nara. The statue is 45 feet tall, and lovely beyond compare. It lives in the largest wooden building in the world.

We made it back safely, and with reasonable peace between us. We actually treated each other really well for the most part, and had a good time, mostly. And for the parts that weren't great, I'm working on not caring about certain things, and that sort of helps.

But can I say: I'm a healthy, middle-aged woman. Sharing a hotel room with my Mom for 8 nights was too long. 'nuf said. Heck, probably too much said.

I'll be in transit for a couple days, and then home for real. It will feel good and bad. I'm actually looking forward to being able to read packages in grocery stores a lot. I don't think I've ever adequately appreciated that!

1 comment:

  1. wow - back already! It's so amazing how quickly 6 months goes by, isn't it? It seems to me that you just left.

    I don't think I could have spent 8 nights and days with my mom, much as I love her. (The advantage of living just a few hours away is that you can see your parents in small segments of time...) What you did is what the Jews would call a Mitzvah. A good deed. That will being you blessings.

    WIshing you a safe trip home...

    ReplyDelete