Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Planning for Break

Unlike most of the academic world, it seems, our spring break is next week.

Mentally, I'm afraid I'm halfway there already.  But I'm plugging away at this week's work.

But I'm starting to think of plans, of what I want to accomplish.  There's SO much I want to do!

Clean a closet or two.  Or some of the kitchen cupboards.

Prep for SAA.  (I've done some, but not all.)

Finish rereading Troilus and Criseyde.  I started this at the beginning of the semester, and kept getting waylaid by stuff.  I have about 20 pages still to read, so a couple of hours.

Grade a stack of papers (which I'll get on Friday). 

Start some plants for the garden (kale, maybe some spinach or greens, a little early for squash or zucchini, probably, or pumpkin.)  Get some seeds (for zucchini and a sugar pumpkin).

Dig in the garden.  Partly to prep the soil, and partly because it will feel so darned good!

Ride my bike, maybe 100 miles?  (That would be so good!)  I took my first outside ride of the year yesterday, and it was really good.  I was slow, but it felt good.

Prep for a thing I'm doing with another faculty member.  (More on this at some point, maybe.)

Read for a paper I need to get back to work on.

I think I need a nap just thinking about all the stuff to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment