Friday, October 10, 2014

A Third Through

We're about a third of the way through the semester here at NWU.  First year students are dragging, mostly; I think things are beginning to catch up with them and feel overwhelming.

Some of the first years in my writing class are working full blast.  Some aren't.  I've had six no shows for todays conferences.  I'm not sure if they're confused about where to be or what, but I've gotten a lot of small tasks done while I wait.

Juniors and seniors seem to have settled in, and where they're interested, they doing really good work.


The student I wrote about here dropped by to say thank you today.  Zie is fine, thank Dog.

1 comment:

  1. So glad the student is ok. And while you felt useless, you were important - an adult who was with the students and stayed with them in a moment of crisis. Sometimes just being there is important.

    ReplyDelete