Monday, January 13, 2014

Distracted

I'm dog sitting again, a different dog, for a different friend.

The dog's very sweet, and very needy. 

And I'm too willing to be distracted from the 30 or more things I really need to get done.  As in now.

Doh!


Here's how much of a dog person I am.  I made a play date and brought my neighbor's dog (my guest, often) over, and the two played hard for about an hour.  They'd slowed down considerably after about 40 minutes; I'd brought them inside and they'd wrestled, and then they'd slowed down.  So I took them back outside and that reenergized them both.

They're both biggish and active dogs, with good outdoor coats, so they were doing that submarine in the snow thing, rolling around.  It must feel good on their coats.

And now my current guest dog is having a nap beside me, and I'm goofing off, but I need to stop and accomplish some real work today.  Now.

3 comments:

  1. That's a great phrase--"submarine in the snow"! I know just what you're talking about.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Re: the distraction -- welcome to my life as a cat lover! It's amazing (and maybe a little sickening) how many times each evening I stop what I'm doing to gaze adoringly at my cats, give them a scritch, take their picture, etc. Ah well -- it's worth the distraction!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't think of it as a distraction; think of it as getting reentered and reminded to live in the moment.

    ReplyDelete