Thursday, November 28, 2013

Pizza on Thanksgiving!

Happy Thanksgiving to those who celebrate it.

Last year, I started a new tradition and had some friends over for Pizza on Thanksgiving (TM). 

Everyone loves pizza, right?  And it's way less stressful and overwhelming to make than a turkey, especially if you're a single person.

Pizza on Thanksgiving (TM) doesn't pretend to be a traditional thanksgiving dinner, so I don't feel like I'm missing out on what made thanksgiving great when I was a kid, and that was being a kid with a lot of cousins around, good food, and fun.  (Even that wasn't without its conflicts, however, since as a girl, I was expected to be all dressed up, and dressed up meant I didn't get to go outside and play football with the boy cousins.)  Instead, Pizza on Thanksgiving (TM) is about sharing a relaxed, informal meal with friends

We make adult pizza, so not the overloaded saucy pizza of kidness.  Instead, we've got a variety of choices, sun-dried tomatoes, fresh mozzarella, a crumbly goat cheese, basil, oregano (both fresh), quartered artichoke hearts, olives, and mushrooms.  We'll see what folks want to do with the different pies.

Now if I can get some grading done, my weekend will be much better!

2 comments:

  1. What a great tradition! Happy Thanksgiving....we ate baked french toast for dinner here tonight (long story: combination of mom in rehab after stroke, winter storm preventing travel on Wed, sick kid preventing travel on Thursday, and lack of grocery planning given that we thought we were leaving town on Wed). Easy to make, easy to clean up. But not quite as fun as all those pizzas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this idea! I hope that it was a pizza extravaganza and that you all had a great Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete