Monday, December 03, 2007

Seven Random Things

I've been tagged for the seven random things meme by Kermit (at Kermit's Log) and by Rebecca at Proto-Scholar. The rules are below, except I'm going to break some because if two people both tagged me, then I'm guessing most folks have already been tagged.

So, here goes, sharing seven random things about myself.

1. I share a birthday with a famous fictional character. Not Hamlet.

2. I'm a cyborg. No, really, I have this implant thing...

3. I jumped out of an airplane for my first midlife crisis. Actually, it was more like falling gracelessly. (You're supposed to hang from the strut until you get the signal to let go. I couldn't hold on. Heck, YOU try holding on in the wind at 80 mph!) It was FANTASTIC, though. For my second midlife crisis, I bought the biking equivalent of a Miata. I fell over learning to get in and out of the clipless pedals. I'm always looking for suggestions should I survive to my third. (I'm hoping it involves relatively soft impacts.)

4. I have an artifact set from the building of a famous structure in my office, a piece of the safety netting and a piece of cable flattened into what looks like a letter opener.

5. You know how some kids have toys they carry everywhere? I'm told that when I was a kid, I took the jeep driver from my older brother's army set and that was my carry everywhere toy. I'm told I called it "Sitting Man," but I have no memory at all of the toy.

6. I have a faded set of striped scars up the side of one leg from when I fell on a radiator as a very little toddler. I have no memory of it, just the scars. (Hmm, I seem to be posting about things I don't remember... wonder if the implant has something to do with that?)

7. "Zeugma" is one of my favorite words. Alas, I don't have much cause to use it in casual conversation, but I would if I could.


The Meme Rules:
1. Link to the person that tagged you and post the rules on your blog.
2. Share 7 random and/or weird things about yourself.
3. Tag 7 random people at the end of your post and include links to their blogs.
4. Let each person know that they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.

If you haven't been tagged and want to be, consider yourself tagged. And try not to be as boring as I am! (I always feel utterly boring when I do these things. Am I really all THAT boring?)

3 comments:

  1. Not boring! Zeugma + cyborg = cool.

    I would wholeheartedly recommend windsurfing for midlife crisis #3. I've only done the introductory lesson, where I jumped down a big sand dune, and it was still awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. For my midlife crisis I got both the bike AND the miata (albeit a used miata). They cost about the same *grin*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is it Harry Potter?

    For some reason that's the only character with a prominent birthday that pops into my mind.

    ReplyDelete