Sunday, September 12, 2010

Sunday Chores

I've hardboiled some eggs for the coming week.

I need to make some other lunch food, too. But to do that, I need to go to the grocery store.

I need to make some oatmeal (I got steel cut oats last time, and tend to make up a container for a few days ahead so I can just pop some in the microwave in the morning and it's done quickly.)

I need to read a play, grade some journals, prep a class, read part of a book, blah blah.

I need to weed the garden (which I started for a bit yesterday), do some fall clean up and transplanting, dig up the irises and split them for other folks, get and plant some more bulbs, and so forth. (Most of this won't actually get done this weekend, but I need to make some progress.)

A while back, one of my grad school friends published a book of poetry. I finally ordered a copy which came yesterday in the mail. So I want to read that. I'm teaching poetry next semester, so maybe I can put one or two of my friend's poems in there. How cool would that be!

I need to do some laundry, and actually hang up clothes so that they aren't totally wrinkly when I decide to wear them to work.

So, of course, instead of doing all the things that really do need doing, I updated my blogroll. If you'd like to be there and aren't, please let me know. (I suppose if you're there and don't want to be, you can let me know, too.)

I took down links to some blogs that have been retired. That makes me sort of sad, especially when it's a blog I like and tended to click the link to check every so often.

2 comments:

  1. I took my blogroll down awhile ago because it was so ridiculously out of date. I keep meaning to update it and make it active again, but I just haven't gotten around to it. Maybe I just need to think of it as a way to procrastinate and then it will get done for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What's special about steel cut oatmeal? Do some farmers use plastic sickles?

    ReplyDelete