Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Short-live Book Order Success

Having gotten my book orders in yesterday, I was dismayed, but not surprised, to start getting notes from the bookstore today. One book seems to be out of print (but Amazon thinks not?); another is in a new edition (same editor and press, new ISBN, I'm guessing).

Our bookstore is so-so. I've heard of true nightmare bookstores, and much better ones, and ours is in between.

I've learned over the years to go check my books a couple weeks before the semester starts, and to start in on anything missing or looking iffy then. I've been able to catch some potential problems early, that way. And happily, each time our bookstore people have been good at solving the problem.

I need to get up on re-reading, and FAST!

No comments:

Post a Comment