It's been a busy summer, full of projects of varying sorts.
I did some professional stuffs, and still have more to do. But on the housing front, I got my floors done, powerwashed the deck and part of the house, and am in the midst of painting the exposed structural wood on the underside of my deck.
The floors look great (and involved moving stuff out of half of the house, and back again, with lots of trips to various places to donate clothes and such.
The deck looks WAY better than it did! And I've fallen in love with the power washer. (Good tools are amazing!) (You can get a sense of how dirty it was in the top picture.)
I'm about one third done with the final coat (well, I hope I don't need a second coat of paint), and all primed (two coats) on the exposed (and very weathered wood) structural framing for the deck. I think the color is a little different than what's on the rest of the lower part of the house, but it should be okay.
I have two more projects (both professional) that will probably take about a week each, maybe less, and then more reading prep for teaching at the Abbey. But so far, things are beginning to feel more ready. I'll feel a lot better about leaving with the house in good shape for the winter.