Sunday, September 13, 2015

Sherman Alexie on the Best American Poetry of 2015

I ran across an interesting article (Thanks to Mike the Mad Biologist's link list) by Sherman Alexie.  I think it struck me especially strongly because of my Intro to Lit project this semester.  But, at any rate, it's worth reading, and I'm guessing Alexie's edition of the best poetry will be compelling and interesting!

Here's a link to Alexie's essay.

And here's an article in the Washington Post about the poet Alexie's talking about.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous4:34 PM

    This has been all over my Facebook feed since the story broke. Lots of great responses to it, some of them quite painful to read. For example: http://www.newyorker.com/books/page-turner/when-white-poets-pretend-to-be-asian

    ReplyDelete