Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Lesson Learned

The other night, my internet went out. I did the usual turn on turn off stuff with the modem and computer, but had no luck. (The TV still worked, though.)

So in the morning, it wasn't going well again, so I called the cable company and the tech there walked me through trying to get it to work, and when it didn't, made an appointment for a tech to come to the house.

This morning the tech came, took one look at the little modem box, and said (in a kind chuckling sort of way) that he knew what was wrong. The "standby" button was pushed.

The only thing I can figure is that I was vaccuming in that area the other night and must have moved the modem and hit the (poorly positioned because way to easy to press accidentally) button.

That will teach me not to vaccuum!

3 comments:

  1. You'd think they might have covered that particular problem in the phone call.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, you'd think. But the tech also said there's some issue with the signal strength, so they'll be taking care of that outside, too.

    At least he was pleasant and nice about it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm laughing pretty hard here, because that's EXACTLY something I would do. I just spent the last hour troubleshooting some (still unresolved) ISP stuff for Fang, so I very much needed a laugh. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete