Friday, September 22, 2006

Friday Poetry Blogging and Dorothy Parker

It's Friday, finally.

But it's raining, as it has been every time I had time to go outside during daylight pretty much all week. And it looks like it will be raining for the weekend.

Although I'm drip dry, I'm a whuss about biking in the rain, so rain means it's time to start back to the gym instead of enjoying fresh air while I'm pretending to get some exercise.

Still and all, I'm warm and dry, and have nothing really to complain about.

Which leads me to Dorothy Parker. She's just amazing, such twists on the usual way of seeing stuff. Yes, life is beautiful, but really, it's raining.

Here, celebrating my completely unironic optimism about human beings and relationships, is "Unfortunate Coincidence."

By the time you swear you're his,
Shivering and sighing,
And he vows his passion is
Infinite, undying--
Lady, make a note of this:
One of you is lying.

1 comment:

  1. You shouldn't bike in the rain. It's dangerous, you can get sick, and why put yourself through it? Go to the gym.

    ReplyDelete