Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Act Three - challenges met!

Today's session went much better!

Before we started, I had a chance to talk to D; she said she's been working on the problem of speaking out of turn in classes and such.

And I told S that I'd sit down in the theater audience space and try to keep more quiet.

Then we started.

First, S did a fantastic job working with the students. She worked through 2.2 with the actors playing Stephano, Trinculo, and Caliban, first reading through the lines, then they tried acting the lines, then pantomiming, and then again acting. (That's the scene where Caliban hides under the gabardine and Stephano and Trinculo find him and such. It's hilarious.)

The fantastic part was how they changed from really doubtful starting the pantomime to just getting way into it, brilliantly.

And I mostly managed to stay seated and kept my mouth shut.

Then we split the troupe into groups, and S worked more with Stephano, Trinculo, and Caliban, while I worked with Alonso and the court gang.

And through it all, D was GREAT! She was active and cooperative, and didn't disrupt at all!

Tomorrow is Act Four; S is going to spend the evening working through it, and decide what she wants to do, and we'll get together ahead of time to discuss and plan things out.

I'm very excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment