Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Tired

Sometimes, living in the midwest leaves lots to be desired.

Signage, for one thing. Why can't our highways have decent signage?

Roads that actually lead more or less directly somewhere else. There's no real road to here, and hence no direct road from here to anywhere I need to go. I long for roads that go from where I am to where I want to be without slowing to 30 miles an hour through every small town. Okay, what I long for is freeways. There's one, but it doesn't go where I need to go.

I'm thanking my lucky star (or the good sense I had to buy a reliable car and take care of basic upkeep) that my car was reliable and ran well.

1 comment:

  1. And of course, many of those town-to-town roads change designations when a county line is crossed.

    But what better way is there to happen upon the Northwoods Duckweed Festival or whatever?

    Cheers.

    ReplyDelete