Wednesday, February 29, 2012

You Have to Wonder

There's a student in one of my classes who's been to class I think three times all semester (we're now in week six or seven). Zie hasn't turned in much work, and what zie has turned in has been very poor.

Today, we got snow, a good bit of it, but not enough to close our campus. And today, for the first time, zie sent me an email saying that zie regretted that zie would be missing class today, and could I email information about what we are doing in class.

So I did. But it just makes me wonder why all of a sudden zie thinks I won't have noticed all the missing work.

And then I followed up with an email suggesting zie drop the class because it's pretty much mathematically impossible for hir to pass the class at this point.

1 comment:

  1. think you have done zie a favor by explaining mathematical impossibility. (although that does not rule out the begging email which might follow, but there is only so much a person can do to make up so late...)

    ReplyDelete