Thursday, February 23, 2012

I am that...

You know, that one, the student who needs an extension, the person who procrastinates, the prof who doesn't get something done on time.

I finally did get it done, and though I missed the real deadline, I turned it in before the extension deadline, with a strong thank you to the organizers. (The it is my SAA seminar paper, and it's done, and just under the word limit, if you don't count footnotes.*)

It feels SO good to have that part done. That's good. It's bad that it feels so good that I don't want to turn my attention to the many other things I need to get done now (especially, need I say, some grading).

Committee time soon. Bleargh.



* And thanks to Flavia, I didn't add a note whining about how hard it was to cut it down. :)

2 comments:

  1. I never count the footnotes unless they make me.

    Congratulations on finishing up the SAA paper!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you got the paper done! I felt so guilty about turning mine in a few days late, but our deadline seemed super early. Anyway, see you in Boston!

    ReplyDelete