Saturday, August 07, 2010

Yoga, Lesson 2

I had my second day of yoga class today, and it was good. We learned cow and cat and downward dog and child poses. I'm almost as good at child as I am at corpse pose. But I was surprised that downward dog was one I could do, because somehow I thought I wouldn't be able to (because my arms are whussy). We also did some lunges things, with chairs to help us balance.

But then we did this one where you lie on your back, hold one leg bent up by the knees, and then raise your head a little up. And I thought I was going to black out and throw up, in no particular order. I used to get the same feeling as a kid when we had to do somersaults, but I hadn't been thinking about that. Ugh. I don't know what it is, but it sure isn't a good feeling.

Mostly, I enjoyed it, and it felt like good stretching and working some muscles. I practiced last week's stuff this past week a little, and now I have several more things to practice, but I'm going to totally skip the raising my head up a little one.

No comments:

Post a Comment