Friday, April 17, 2009

Eagle and Hummingbird



As promised, here's a picture of the piece of art I got in DC. It's signed on the back by G. Matilpi. There seems to be a George Matilpi who does carvings on the Pacific coast of Canada. (Mr. Matilpi, if you see this, thank you for creating a beautiful piece of art. It's beautiful, and I cherish it.)

It's labeled "Eagle" and "Hummingbird" in different places (on the back). I see the eagle in the main figure, facing left, and then in the "chest" area, a hummingbird facing right. The colors are really good, warm and rich.

I'm thinking of putting it in my bedroom. Or of rearranging some art in the house and putting it in the living room. I love being able to look at beautiful art.

4 comments:

  1. It is gorgeous. I'd repaint my living room for this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful. I vote living room, too. It reminds me of the art at the University of British Columbia museum. Glorious work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. that's wonderful!

    we have about 4 billion photos and inherited stuff and kid art, but have put off buying art for a good 20+ years until the kids are finally fully fledged. which might be 2 years. so, jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I love it! I would indeed redecorate a room around something like it...it definitely has the appeal of what those design shows call an "inspiration piece."

    ReplyDelete