I have to thank Barbados Butterfly for tagging me. Check out her final answer to the best places you've ever been question. It's brilliant and original.
I did a similar meme a while back, but this one's a bit different, and some of my answers probably changed (because I love different books every time I open them, for example). Now on to my mundanity.
Four Jobs I've Had in My Life
1. Lab Rat
2. Mutual Fund clerk
3. Forestry Tech
4. Painter (building, not house)
Four Movies I Could Watch Over and Over
1. The Thin Man - Myrna Loy and William Powell drink enough to pickle a city.
2. Indiscreet, or maybe Arsenic and Old Lace... or just about anything Cary Grant ever made.
3. Top Hat - there's nothing much sillier or better.
4. Monty Python and the Holy Grail - and now, for something completely different.
Four Web Sites I Visit Regularly
1. Bitch Ph.D
2. My department email
3. My other internet community site
4. Amazon dot com
Four Favorite Foods
2. Artichokes (who the heck ever thought, "hey, look a thistle! Let's steam it and eat it with some lemon butter or mayonaise?" And why aren't they memorialized as a world hero?)
3. Lentils, especially Dal Makhana (sp?)
4. Sashimi or steak walked through the kitchen.
Four Places I Would Rather Be Right Now
1. On a warm, sunny beach with great clear water
2. On the verge of jumping out of an airplane
3. Muir Woods
4. With M or B or K, just hanging out in the living room.
Four Most Wonderful Places I've Ever Been
1. C's place, drinking hot saki or very cold vodka and talking into the night
3. Muir Woods
4. The Everglades
Four Books I Could Read Over and Over
1. Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen. Seriously I could never be an Austen scholar because I just get slack-jawed and droolly with admiration at her wit.
2. Oranges are not the Only Fruit by Jeanette Winterson. Absolutely stunning, and a GREAT book to teach.
3. The Winter's Tale (or King Lear).
4. St. Erkenwald by maybe the Pearl Poet. The only saint's tale I really love despite being a complete and unabashed athiest.
Four Songs I Could Listen To Every Day
1. "One Bourbon, One Scotch, and One Beer" - John Lee Hooker
2. "Wonderful Tonight" - Eric Clapton.
3. "The Music for the Royal Fireworks" - Handel (add in the umlaut, please!)
4. "Cowgirl in the Sand" - Neil Young
Four Reasons I Blog
1. To put off grading. Like. Right. Now.
2. I really like getting a sense of community with other academics
3. Lit rocks, and it's a blast to teach, and I'd like to get that across to different people.
4. Teaching's a complex art, and I'm thinking "out loud" to try to teach better.
Four People to Tag
I don't know who to tag; I think most of the academics who read here did a similar meme a month or three ago. But if you want to do one that's slightly different, here you go! Grab Opportunity by the forelock and go for it!