Saturday, February 11, 2006

Square Meme

Silversmith has tagged me with a meme. I've never done a meme before, and I have no clue even how to pronounce "meme" (help, someone!), and this one only proves what a nerd I am.

4 jobs I’ve had: I could take the totally non-academic approach, or the totally academic approach. It's scary how many times I've shifted my path:
histologist, forestry tech, painter (as in building, not art), mutual funds clerk

4 dvds I keep watching
I don't actually HAVE a dvd player, but I show a Frontline DVD ("The Persuaders") in my writing class sometimes, and I show Monty Python and the Holy Grail, and Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade in one of my intro classes when I teach that. I suppose that will have to do.

4 places I wish I had lived
New York City, Alaska, London, Australia

4 tv shows I watch
um, the local news... I sometimes watch Dr. 90210, as a sort of anthroplogical gesture. Other than that, whatever happens to make good background noise while I grade or read.

4 places I’ve travelled
New York, the Everglades, the Galapagos, Brainerd (it was a Fargo pilgrimage; give me a break, it's the bleeping Northwoods up here in flyover country)

4 websites I visit daily
Look to your right and you've got the basics. I also visit some others, especially the OED.

4 foods I love
sashimi, lentils, chocolate, naan

4 early musical influences
my Dad, some oboe player I saw when I was 6 and decided I wanted to play the oboe, Handel, Elton John

I think everyone else in the blogosphere has already been tagged, so if you haven't, and you want to be, please consider yourself tagged.

(That last, of course, is an useless attempt to cover for my not-very-secret-anymore conviction that no one I'd think to tag actually reads anything I write.)

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous3:19 PM

    I can't believe you listed lentils. I love lentils. All this time I thought I was the only one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess great minds taste alike, or something, Grub, eh?

    I debated a while about where artichokes should fit on the list, and they definitely would have been a fifth element.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aha, thanks, dr. Richard Scott Nokes! So it's like the anthropological meme and not just us bloggers screaming "me me!" at the blogosphere.

    Good to know! I feel slightly less self indulgent now!

    ReplyDelete