I read on the internet that you can keep house sparrows from using a nest box if you put fishing line on it. So I did that with one of my boxes. I have two more to do, one of which I also need to empty out from last year. But it was really chilly today, and not that fun to be outside trying to tie fishing line.
I also made an appointment with a campus teaching center person about a possible social justice project.
Here's the list, with a couple things crossed off!
2. Reread Faustus for class on the Monday after break.
3. Reread Reservation Blues for the Wednesday after break. (yep, conflicted!)
4. Reread "Yellow Woman" for the Monday after break.
5. Write the next assignment sheet for the first year writing class.
6. Clean up the garage (mostly sweeping at this point). Move the kayak up out of storage, if I can get some help.
7. Read Sing for your Life, which a friend lent me.
9. Practice violin every day!
10. Get out and ride my bike!
11. Put up art in the living room.
12. Do some birding!
13. Start drafting the paper I worked on at the British Library.
14. Clean up the house as I can (as the painting gets done).