Yesterday afternoon, I read my friend's book (good, and very fun for me), put the switchplates and such back in the living room, and with a neighbor's help, moved the furniture back in place. And I graded my small stack of stuff before I left campus!
Today, I relaxed a lot. And I cleaned and lubed my bike so I can go for a ride (the streets are mostly good now). I graded 7 papers. (12 more to go for this stack.) That feels really good! I also practiced, including practicing against a wall so I don't bow with my whole arm when I should bow with just the forearm (for a fast bit). Ugh, I don't like practicing against the wall!
Goals for the rest of break:
1. Grade 12 more papers.
2. Reread Faustus for class on the Monday after break.
3. Reread Reservation Blues for the Wednesday after break. (yep, conflicted!)
4. Reread "Yellow Woman" for the Monday after break.
5. Write the next assignment sheet for the first year writing class.
6. Clean up the garage (mostly sweeping at this point). Move the kayak up out of storage, if I can get some help.
7. Read Sing for your Life, which a friend lent me.
8. Red up my campus office. (The clutter bothers me!)
9. Practice violin every day!
10. Get out and ride my bike!
11. Put up art in the living room.
12. Do some birding!
13. Start drafting the paper I worked on at the British Library.
14. Clean up the house as I can (as the painting gets done).
I'm expecting a guest at the end of the break, who's coming to read poetry on campus. I'm very excited, but the house is way too chaotic right now.
And my neighbor dog will also be my guest, and promises to take me out for walks!