Wednesday, August 21, 2013

The Meeting

The meeting I was worried about (because I'm chair) was today.  And can I say this: I love my colleagues.

We have smart people.  We have hard working people.  And we have decent people.  And they are all the same people.  They step up and take responsibility.  They treat each other decently, and often with great kindness and generosity.

Remind me of this if I get bogged down later in the year, okay?


One of the best things about a meeting is after the meeting, when people hang out in each others' doorways, catching up from the summer, when people stand in the department office sharing tales about their kids, or swapping plans for committee work.


And now, I have a lot of work to do!

3 comments:

  1. Such a great feeling, isn't it? My colleagues make getting up early every day worth it. The students do too, but they come and go.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous5:38 AM

    Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds great! And yes, there may be times that you need to go back and reread this blog post, but it's good to remind ourselves on a regular basis that we work with good, decent, kind people.

    ReplyDelete