Friday, August 10, 2012

Email

I got an email from a new first year student enrolled in my writing class, just a short email, friendly, introductory.

"Hello" was the header it used.  Unsure about how to address a professor, I bet.

I sent back a friendly email welcoming the student to NWU and making a short, happy comment about one of the details the student gave.

This was a first for me, though.  I don't think I've ever gotten an introductory email from a student before.  I've gotten polite inquiries about class stuff, but not a friendly introduction.

2 comments:

  1. I wonder what this student will be like! Sweet and charming? Sounds like it. Center-of-the-universe-ish? Hope not.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm guessing friendly and enthusiastic, and a little anxious about going off to college. :)

    ReplyDelete