Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Second Lunch

Do you remember the part in the LotR films (the first one, maybe?) where the halflings are with Aragorn out in the wilderness, and he's trying to get them moving, but they want to stop to eat breakfast.  Aragorn says they've already eaten, and one of them asks what about second breakfast, and then has names for three extra meals?

Today, I had breakfast, then went for a bike ride with a friend.  She invited me to stay for lunch, and fixed this incredible lunch, a really full plate full, and I ate every bit, and it was really, really good.  We chatted a bit, and I went home.  And within an hour, I was hungry for second lunch.  So I had a peanut butter sandwich.  And that was good, too!

I did finish my 100 miles for the week, though, and I still have an extra day to ride tomorrow.  I also went on a short walk/run with another friend in the late afternoon.  (She's trying to get into a habit of exercising, and I'm trying to be an encouraging friend, and also getting some exercise.)

3 comments:

  1. This is some serious physical activity! Well, "serious" as in "a lot," not "serious" the other way, since I know that it's all playing outside.

    ReplyDelete
  2. richard6:47 AM

    When I was little, on Sundays we sometimes had four meals in the summer: breakfast, lunch, supper, dinner. I always thought that was a great idea....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Elevenses? Afternoon tea?

    I could get into a hobbit-y approach to food. Glad you leavened yours with some exercise!

    ReplyDelete