This seems like a fun idea from Sisyphus at Academic Cog! And where did all the memes go?
1. What is your favorite part of summer?
Warmth. Wearing shorts and still being plenty warm.
2. What's your favorite quintessentially summer food? Least favorite?
Ice Cream! Maybe a root beer float. And Dairy Breakfast!
3. Best beverage to beat the summer heat:
Water from a hose. I don't know what it is about water from a hose, but it's so good!
4. Least favorite/most annoying thing related to summer?
Knowing that fall is around the corner? Rain. Who the heck thought it would be a good idea to have rain in the summer? (So says a person who grew up in a near desert.)
5. Pick one: the lake /the beach. Why?
Beach. Because it means there's a coast. And there's fresh air and sea smell. And maybe a summer fog rolling in to burn off as the morning warms up. (Not that lakes are bad, but beach!) Beaches are best when dogs are playing in the surf.
6. Most amusing summer vacation trip you've ever taken?
Amusing? I'm not sure. I think I've only ever been on one summer vacation trip that wasn't pretty darned wonderful, and that was a family trip across I-80 from the Bay Area to Salt Lake City in a car with no air conditioning towing a rented rv thingy.
Among the best: during my teen years, my folks would pack a bunch of my cousins, maybe an aunt or two, and we'd go car camp at a lake and waterski. Good times. My bike trip in Yellowstone was also a highlight. And London last year, totally a great trip.
7. Most ridiculous/cringe-inducing/blush-provoking summer outfit you have seen? (Bonus points if you yourself were wearing it!)
Me in biking lycra. My not so secret super power is that people laugh.
8. Your absolute dream summer afternoon would be:
Not too hot, bike ride among redwood trees, or even a walk among redwood trees. Just thinking of the smell fills my heart. Pine tree smell is also good. And if I'm dreaming, then there are hills and I absolutely fly up them.
That was fun! Thanks, Sisyphus!