Monday, June 27, 2011

Trite

I was driving with a friend the other day, who was mourning the loss of a relative who, at the young age of 55, toppled over and died at work.

Someone I know in the community was out exercising, which s/he did regularly, when s/he apparently had a major stroke. S/he was found out on the trail, and is now in a hospital far away.

It's the tritest thing in the world to think once again that yes, people I know as colleagues, friends, contemporaries are beginning to suffer bad health stuff not in the way of a bad car accident, or even cancer, but in the way of older folks.

So I've been thinking about stuff.

2 comments:

  1. one of my good friends from college died of a heart attack a few years back, before he was even 50. [and he was a physician.] a friend in law school had an aneurism just before the bar exam; she was in her 30's. sometimes this just happens, and it is such a shock. but i think we are about the same age, and these anomolies may start happening to more of our friends.

    wanted to pass along this shakespeare news to the bardiac. weird, no?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kathy, that IS weird news. I think the contents of the memorial are questionable, because it's been opened or something?

    I don't know anything about the natural history of cannibus or hemp, but for some reason, I thought it was a "new world" plant?

    ReplyDelete