Monday, March 15, 2010

Now is the Winter of our Discontent made Glorious Spring!

Look what I saw when I got home this afternoon (before dark and everything!). It's the first full out blooming crocus!

And then I looked closer, and saw another!

And there are some more that are just about ready to bloom, too. It's not exactly a carpet of flowers, but it's a little bit of hope on a sunny spring day, and I'm thrilled.



I turned in an application to teach abroad today; my chair signed it and the dean (I'm told, and I have no reason to disbelieve) signed it. (That is, they said that they could live without my presence for the semester and things would manage to go on.)

Now it's on to the Study Abroad office here, and then if they pass it, a study abroad office elsewhere, which is where I'm most likely to hit competition from a lot of other people.

Please cross your fingers for me.

4 comments:

  1. Fingers are crossed for you!! And thank you for the pretty pics: I'm headed home now and hope to see something similar (it's still light here).

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely flowers! where do you hope to go abroad?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonder how many of your readers are now scrambling to send letters of application to your school for your job for the semester you will be away. haha. Glad you're getting some decent weather and that the flowers are blooming! Hurray for spring!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Annie Em, Thanks! I hope you got some flowers, too!

    I'll let you folks know the abroad part if I get it, Kathy A, okay?

    Fie, Alas, we aren't fancy enough to hire replacement folks for sabbaticals or leaves or absence or anything like that. We just juggle with what we have.

    ReplyDelete