Wednesday, September 17, 2008

For the Win!

I did something really stupid today. Yep. Unforgivably stupid. You see, my writing class meets for 2 hours on Wednesdays, rather than the usual 1 hour, and the first hour starts an hour before our usual first hour. So guess who forgot to go to the first hour of class? Yep, that would be me.

And when I went to the second hour? Pretty much every student was there. And what had they done in the meantime? They'd mostly gone for a visit the art gallery on campus, which is part of a writing assignment for the class. Yes, that's correct, my incredible students used their time wisely, more wisely than I. What else did they do? They exchanged their peer editing responses.

So basically, these students just rock!

I'd gotten a couple bags of candy as a thank you to them for yesterday's wonderfulness, so at least they sort of got an immediate reward. Inadequate, perhaps, but it was something.

And now, in a few minutes, I get to meet a visiting blogger! I'm jazzed! (LOL, that's so appropriate, sort of. I crack myself up. If I had any more wit, I'd make a mean volleyball.)

3 comments:

  1. Hope you're having a good meet-up--and enjoy those fabulous students for the rest of the semester. That's a very cool story.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your students and I haven't even met them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous2:38 PM

    What a wonderful start to the semester! This story and the last story are just great. One good class can make a big difference. Tell them all "hi" and "you rock" from the blogosphere!
    --Theodora

    ReplyDelete