Thursday, September 04, 2008

Already

I'm reading papers. Yep, already.

I tried procrastinating, but finally got down to it. And they're really pretty good, but there's a point when you're reading papers you've assigned when you've read the same basic thing and you wish there were something different. Happily, once we get going in the semester, students write more interestingly because they approach assignments in different ways. But for this short diagnostic, they pretty much have the same sorts of things to say.

Unfortunately, when I get to the point where I wish there were something different to read, I slow way down. Or post to the old blog. Or think about eating again. I start counting papers to find out how many I've read and how many I have left to go, when what I should do is just power through two more, then three, then four, and so forth.

1 comment:

  1. I'm collecting 26 drafts this morning, so I'll be doing the same thing soon!

    ReplyDelete