Tuesday, January 08, 2008

The I Hate Rabbits Post


Have I mentioned that I hate rabbits? Not as much as I hate clothes shopping, but pretty much. Here's what they've done to my little dogwood so far this winter. They almost killed a hawthorn the first year I had it (before I got smart enough to put a tube thing around it).

And here's what they've done to one of the white pines!

Here's the best solution I've come up with so far for smaller stuff, but I need to get more wire mesh for the pines.

They've got a whole field of stuff, but they seem to like my plantings best of all. Grrrr! I need a fox to take up residence!

2 comments:

  1. Here, on my tiny patio, I have brought my hen and chickens and the squirrels have taken to hiding their food in the huge pot and they eat the roots of my plants. Now my hens and their little chicks are dead. It's a shame because they were from an old friend and she has since died and her hens too. Good luck with the rabbit proofing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love that opening: Have I mentioned that I hate rabbits? Not as much as I hate clothes shopping, but pretty much.

    ReplyDelete