Friday, August 29, 2014

One Down

I don't know why, but I've had real trouble motivating myself to finish prepping my classes and get the syllabi and calendars done.

I finished the stuff for the class I teach on Tuesday today, so I have Tuesday to finish up the Wednesday classes.  One of them is mostly done.  No, really.

The other is not even started.  I should be panicking, but I'm not.

I want decent biking weather this weekend, but fear it will not be so.

Good luck, everyone!  Time to hunker down here in the northwoods!

2 comments:

  1. I've had those semesters. They usually work out, but starting out behind (and the mood that leads to starting out behind) doesn't help.

    On the other hand, at least for me, that sort of difficulty usually signals the need for better self-care. And biking counts as self-care, I'm pretty sure -- so I hope the weather cooperates.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm all ready for Wednesday's start except for laying out the list of "terms to know" for my first year course. I've rejiggered the assignments and want to put some more terms plus some new questions into the mix. Usually I hand students the full list on day one but I'm dithering whether or not to withhold it this year and let it develop day by day.

    ReplyDelete