Saturday, April 26, 2014

Goodbyes

A couple I know who've been adjuncting at NWU are moving far away; this morning, they had a moving sale.  I'm sad for us to be losing them, though I don't know them really well, but I can't decide whether to be excited or scared for them in their new adventure. 

And then later, a colleague who left our department for another job last year was back in town to sign papers and such for the final sale of the house she'd bought here, and to move the last few things to their new home.  I think she's happy in her new place, but we're sad to have had her leave, of course.

Some folks met at a local restaurant to chat and say good bye, and another colleague was there who is leaving us for a better opportunity.  I'm excited for him, though sad for us, since he's an excellent colleague.

It feels like there are a lot of good byes happening right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment