Monday, April 16, 2012

Ugh

This cold sucks. What's stupid, of course, is that it's a little cold, probably not even all that bad as a cold, and certainly something like one tenth of a percent as bad as being really, seriously sick.

I haven't slept a whole night in over a week.

Remember the movie Alien, when the alien comes out of the guy's chest? Yeah, I feel like the alien is up my nose. And not in a good way.

My niece mentioned that whooping cough is going around her school (not at all near me), so I started googling symptoms of whooping cough. I don't think I have it, and I sure hope I don't, because 4-6 weeks of this (only worse) would be truly miserable.

I'd love to crawl back into bed, except I wouldn't actually sleep, and it wouldn't make me better (or I would have gotten better over the weekend when that's pretty much what I did with my life). I am trying to be really careful not to share my germs.

3 comments:

  1. Ugh indeed -- hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Colds suck! I also want to go back to bed.

    Instead: teaching for several hours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Yeah, I feel like the alien is up my nose. And not in a good way."

    Does this suggest that there might *be* a good way to feel this?

    :)

    ReplyDelete