Thursday, December 16, 2010

Eep

I'm so buried in grading that it's dismal. (I wanted to give back all the research papers today, but I've given up, alas. I'll still have the weekend to finish them and the other stuff, but I'm frustrated at my procrastination so far.)

I took my car in for an oil change yesterday and learned that it also needs: new tires, a new battery, new rear brakes (and maybe rotors), and a partridge in a pear tree. Okay, I'm lying about the last thing. I like this shop, and I don't think they're trying to rip me off. I also have savings just for this sort of thing (and house issues, etc), so it's not that I'm hurting financially. But all of a sudden, I'm nervous about driving my car until things are fixed and I wasn't at all before. I have the fix it all appointment on Monday. Oh, and they had to pull the CD/radio thing because a CD from the library got stuck in there and they sent it out to the CD repair place to get fixed.

I haven't heard back from the doctor's clinic about the blood test. I'm uncertain when to call back. Is a day and a half later too early? Is it unreasonable to think that I should have heard already? My stupid test isn't an emergency or anything, and I'm sure they have way better things to think about. I'm really unknowledgable at how to manage this sort of thing.

In good news: we're up into the teens today, temperature-wise. Thank dog. I really want to do something other than grade or procrastinate like a goof.

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous11:14 AM

    Why aren't they learning anything? I taught them so hard!!!

    ARGH. I'm on problem 11 student last name G... 4 more problems and the rest of the alphabet to go...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Typically, it takes about a week to get test results.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Depends on the type of blood test. It can take 30 minutes or a week. It would certainly be appropriate to call and ask when to expect results.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry to be confusing, folks. I was waiting for the nurse to call back and say that the order went in.

    I had the blood drawn today, and the lab person said it takes about 45 minutes. So that means it will take a couple days to a week to get the mailed results, I'm guessing. I'm not worried, because now that I've done the fasting test, I can bake cookies for my neighbors who helped with my snow (and eat some myself).

    ReplyDelete