Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Nightmare

I left work last evening without having finished prepping the tale for this morning's Chaucer class, so of course I woke up with a nightmare about this morning's prep time. In my nightmare, a good 30 pages of fairly dense and specific verse detailing medieval prostitution practices had appeared in the midst of the tale. I remember in my dream cursing myself for not having prepared those adequately, and also wondering why no one else had noticed that text before, and wondering if I should start working on a project.

3 comments:

  1. Don't you just hate those dreams? I teach American Government, and my problem lately is the alarm goes off to NPR and if I hit snooze and fall back asleep I can never remember if the news story I heard was real or a dream, and if I should be using that information in my teaching.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wait--you prep the day *before* you teach???

    What is this strange innovation?

    ReplyDelete
  3. But you know, those 30 pages may be a real find...

    ReplyDelete